Green Sense concrete
Green Sense Concrete is an optimized mixture program in which recycled cementitious and non-cementitious materials are used in combination with specially formulated BASF admixtures. The result is an environmentally-friendly, cost-effective concrete that meets, and often exceeds, performance targets. The positive impact of using Green Sense Concrete on sustainability criterias is quantified by certified eco-efficiency analysis or life-cycle analyzer tool.
Why it’s a sustainable technology
- Uses advanced mix optimization techniques to increase the amount of supplementary cementitious materials (ex. fly ash, slag cement)
- Lowers energy demands, CO2 emissions and other environmental impacts per unit volume of concrete produced
- Uses inert filler materials that may otherwise end up in landfills
Benefits of Green Sense Concrete:
Because Green Sense Concrete is optimized for cost and performance, many tangible benefits can be realized by the entire construction team.
- Optimized and economical concrete composition cost
- Faster truck discharge
- Desired setting time, slump retention, and strength performance
- No water needed at jobsite – less performance issues / callbacks due to water addition
- Highly workable concrete
- Good pumpability and finishing characteristics
- Faster placement and production
- Desired durability performance
- Lower shrinkage and cracking potential
- Contributes toward sustainability credit schemes
Environmental Agencies / Community
- Less cement / CO2 / energy used per unit of concrete produced
Less by-product materials targeted for landfill.